Rapture in Everything

Posts tagged "dotnet"

Adding "spoiler" support to Markdown with Markdig

This article shows how to add Spoiler support when you want to render your Markdown text to HTML using Markdig....

AspNetCore.Identity.LiteDB breaks on Ubuntu

I have been building a small application for my book club. To make iterating easier I have decided to use the excellent LiteDB database to store all the data. Since the web application also needs to store user data, I have searched for a package that would let me use LiteDB as an identity backend. I have found AspNetCore.Identity.LiteDB,  which worked great, until I have tried to deploy it on my usual Ubuntu 18.04 LTS server. On Windows it worked perfectly but on Ubuntu I have started getting these weird connection and socket errors at an alarming...

Dockerizing a Vue 3 + ASP.NET Core web app

How to build a docker image for a Vue.JS SPA app with an ASP.Net Core 5 backend?...

Getting Started with Github Actions for .NET Core

When I pushed my recent Ghoplin mini-project to GitHub, it automatically offered to define a build action. I really liked the user experience here: GitHub offered the Action feature, detected my project type and generated a file, with project-appropriate defaults and in the correct folder. I updated the dontnet version in the script and tried it; everything works and the task reports a success. name: .NET Core on: [push] jobs: build: runs-on: ubuntu-latest steps: - uses: actions/checkout@v1 - name: Setup .NET Core uses: actions/setup-dotnet@v1 with: dotnet-version: 3.1.10 - name: Build run: dotnet publish -r...

Hosting a .NET Core 2 app on Ubuntu

A few months ago I'd started a fun side-project of moving my personal web apps from various Windows-based services to a single Ubuntu VM because of the release of Ghost 1.0. Later, I'd managed to replace my Bonobo Git Server with Gitea. The last piece was to move a custom app - which was written in .NET and needed to be re-written to run on Ubuntu. (And it took forever to find time to do that.) So after I had my app re-written with .NET Core 2[1] MVC, using Vue, Bulma, TypeScript and some arcane Webpack stuff that...