Rapture in Everything

Posts tagged "how-to"

csv-to-sqlite 2.1 - script support, encodings and brackets

Version 2.1 of csv-to-sqlite was just released. There are a few new things, suggested in GitHub issues: you can now specify that you do not want brackets around your column names, you can specify the encoding your files (the default still is UTF-8) and it's now easier to use csv-to-sqlite in scripts. If you wish to do that, simply install it as a dependency: pip install csv-to-sqliteAs an aside: if you're not using Pipenv yet, take a look at it. It's great.Then import it and call write_csv(). import csv_to_sqlite # all the usual options are supported...

Trying out Passbolt (with Docker)

A step-by-step guide for getting from a clean Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to a running Passbolt instance with a simplistic Docker setup....

Running Huginn with Docker

Last time I've written about using Huginn. I have never actually used Docker before, but I've decided to give it a go. I'm hosting various pieces of software on my server, which run on anything from Go to PHP. And given my few, but all the more unpleasant experiences with Ruby, I'd decided that I'd rather move most of my software to Docker than try to install yet another stack on my server. So yeah, you could say this XKCD strip summarizes my intentions with Docker perfectly. The setupThe setup itself wasn't difficult. Huginn even lets you try it out...

Wallabag - with MySQL and RabbitMQ

How I discovered Wallabag and made it run on Ubuntu with MySQL and RabbitMQ for Imports. Everything I needed to do should be here,...

Hosting a .NET Core 2 app on Ubuntu

A few months ago I'd started a fun side-project of moving my personal web apps from various Windows-based services to a single Ubuntu VM because of the release of Ghost 1.0. Later, I'd managed to replace my Bonobo Git Server with Gitea. The last piece was to move a custom app - which was written in .NET and needed to be re-written to run on Ubuntu. (And it took forever to find time to do that.) So after I had my app re-written with .NET Core 2[1] MVC, using Vue, Bulma, TypeScript and some arcane Webpack stuff that...